a blog for the paranormal romance lover
It’s here! Son of the Moonless Night, a paranormal romance suspense by writing team, CD Hersh, has been released! Join me today in welcoming CD Hersh and find out more about their Turning Stone Chronicles and how they write as a team.
AUTHOR’S PERSONAL SPECIFICS:
- Tell us a little about yourself and your book. We are a husband and wife writing team who have been married for 45 years. We met in high school, got married in college, started writing plays and dramas for our church about 18 years ago, and paranormal romance about 8 years ago. We like to travel, go to movies, and just hang out together.
The Son of the Moonless Night is the third book in The Turning Stone Chronicles series. Thrust back into the world of paranormal huntress, Deputy Coroner Katrina Romanovski must unravel a string of murders she believes are vampire attacks. When she discovers the shape shifter she’s in love with is the murderer, she must reconcile her feelings for him, examine her life of violence against paranormals, and justify deceiving him in order to bring him to justice.
This book continues Owen Jordan Riley’s story, whom you met in book two, Blood Brothers, a year after the loss of his best friend whom he thinks was killed by Rhys Temple. This book also continues with Alexi’s and Rhys’ story to become the long awaited bringers of peace to the Turning Stone Society.
- Do you have cheerleaders supporting you as a writer? We would have to say that we have family who are cheerleaders. They are always asking when the next book of the series is coming out and what is it going to be about.
- What are your hobbies or other interests that get you away from the stress of writing? Disneyland!
- Give two random thoughts, quotes, or surprising tidbits about yourself, something that might surprise your readers. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm. A quote Donald likes is “Don’t take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive anyway.” Oh, Catherine cut a record when she was a teenager. She also made a recording recently at “The Grand Old Opry” at Ryman Auditorium.
- Tell us the story behind your pen name? Our pen name came about after a lot of research to be sure it would stand out. Ultimately, we decided to just use our initials. The “C” stands for Catherine, and the “D” stands for Donald. Hersh is a shortened version of our real name that Donald always got called when he was younger when someone wanted to get a rise from him. He hated it, but enjoys it now. Catherine just said, “You never told me that before!” LOL
WRITING BACKGROUND & THOUGHTS:
- Pantser/Plotter/or both? Tell us how you work. We are plantsers. We plot heavily but allow room for the muse and characters to lead us. Together we lay out each character’s story arc. One of the things Donald always looks for is having two plot lines, one major the other minor, but woven together. We usually have the chapters and scenes plotted by character. Catherine will often apply the hero’s journey to the story as well. Once the plotting is accomplished, Catherine sits down and fleshes out the story. Then Donald critiques each line after Catherine has it on paper. Then together we do line-by-line edits adding any missing elements before showing it to anyone.
- Come on, dish…is there anything unusual about your writing habits? We work together and apart. Then together when doing the final version. Also, what’s said in the writing office stays in the writing office, because we can get kind of heated.
- Do you get writer’s block and if so how do you get past it? Not really. If she’s not ready to write, Catherine gets writers avoidance and will do things like clean the toilets.
GENERAL WRITING INFORMATION:
- Have you had many rejections? How did you deal with them? How did they push you? As C.D. Hersh we never got a rejection on the series. It was snapped up the first time out to an editor. Catherine went through all the rejections working as a solo journalist and author. You deal with rejection by just going forward. Whether or not someone likes a book is subjective. Once you realize that, and you know that you have a good grasp of the basics, it’s just a matter of trying until you succeed.
- Do you have a writing schedule? How do you juggle writing, family, work, and life’s surprises? Not really, unless there is a contract deadline. Then Catherine gets antsy to get it done even if there are six months left. As for juggling the other stuff, Donald’s retirement has made things easier. For life’s surprises, well, that’s what a laptop is for. We finished book two, Blood Brothers, as we supported Catherine’s best friend dealing with her mother’s hospitalization and death.
Title – Son of the Moonless Night, The Turning Stone Chronicles, book three
Genre – Urban Fantasy, Paranormal Suspense Romance
Length – 316 pages
Publisher – Soul Mate Publishing
Buy Link – http://amzn.com/B00XK3E172
Heat Level – Sensual
Release Date: May 27th, 2015
- What’s unique about this particular book? The shifters are unique because they are not werewolves and they can shifter into multiple human forms.
- Is this a series? Will there be any sequels to this book? Yes, this is book three of what is currently planned as a six book series.
- What are you releasing next, and when? The title for book four is The Mercenary and the Shifters, due to be released late this year.
Owen Todd Jordan Riley has a secret. He’s a shape shifter who has been hunting and killing his own kind. To him the only good shifter is a dead shifter. Revenge for the death of a friend motivates him, and nothing stands in his way . . . except Katrina Romanovski, the woman he is falling in love with.
Deputy coroner Katrina Romanovski has a secret, too. She hunts and kills paranormal beings like Owen. At least she did. When she rescues Owen from an attack by a werebear she is thrust back into the world she thought she’d left. Determined to find out what Owen knows about the bear, she begins a relationship meant to collect information. What she gets is something quite different-love with a man she suspects of murder. Can she reconcile his deception and murderous revenge spree and find a way to redeem him? Or will she condemn him for the same things she has done and walk away from love?
Putting words and stories on paper is second nature to co-authors C.D. Hersh. They’ve written separately since they were teenagers and discovered their unique, collaborative abilities in the mid-90s. As high school sweethearts and husband and wife, Catherine and Donald believe in true love and happily ever after.
Together they have co-authored a number of dramas, six which have been produced in Ohio, where they live. Their interactive Christmas production had five seasonal runs in their hometown and has been sold in Virginia, California, and Ohio. Their most recent collaborative writing efforts have been focused on romance. The first three books of their paranormal romance series entitled The Turning Stone Chronicles are available on Amazon.
Where you can find CD:
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/C.-D.-Hersh/e/B00DV5L7ZI