a goal oriented blog
Whew! It’s the end of 2014 (well almost the end) and I’ve been reviewing my goals for the year. Who knew writing romance would be this tough? When I very first started in 2007 I only had one goal: finish a romance novel. Well, I did that. Then, it was publish the romance novel and write another. Well, I did that too. Now here I am at the end of my seventh year of taking writing seriously and looking at my goals for the year I realize I had no idea that I’d be here when I started.
So where am I?
Here’s the link to my goals post for 2014 and here are the goals and how I did. Red is DONE, Blue is NOT THERE YET!
Overall Goals for 2014
- Publish two books in Tales of the Black Court Series (Prince by Blood and Bone-end of Jan, Mirror-summer 2014) Published Prince by Blood and Bone April 2014, Wrote Broken Mirror rough draft, completed Dec. 2014-not published
- Publish Christmas story (First of Haunted Holiday Novellas) (goal is Christmas in July) Published Ghosts of Christmas Past in August, 2014
- Publish on more formats Added in Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo and All E Romance
- Be making enough money by the end of 2014 to cover my writing expenses Okay, I’m not here yet. But I think with the publication of Broken Mirror in 2015 I will achieve this. Go 2015!
- Continue to hone marketing techniques. This is a continual work in progress, but I’m getting there!
- Remember balance Had to write this one in blue, as this year was a study in imbalance. But it’s December and I feel like I’m finally on my feet and maybe learning some balance. Or at least how to fake it!
- Work on writing on a schedule Another result of not having balance is my writing schedule got turned upside down when I changed my job schedule. But I think I’m finally getting this. If there aren’t holidays, sick days, and kids underfoot!
- Come up with a plan for other books/series: What is my next step? Either start writing Tales of the Winter Court, focus on Haunted Holiday novellas, or write other Shifter books I’ve gone up and down on this, but I finally have a plan…You’ll see it next Moonday in my 2015 goals.
- Work on writing/spending time more efficiently I really think this is almost a reflection of #s 6 and 7. So once again, it’s in progress and getting better every day.
How are your goals for the year?
Did you do everything that you said you would? Did you do any of it? Did you hit a few bumps in the road and have to re-balance your alignment? Leave me a comment and tell me what’s up with your 2014, and then it’s on to 2015!
Jessica Aspen has always wanted to be spirited away to a world inhabited by elves, were-wolves and sexy men who walk on the dark side of the knife. Luckily, she’s able to explore her fantasy side and delve into new worlds by writing paranormal romance. She loves indulging in dark chocolate, reading eclectic novels, and dreaming of ocean vacations, but instead spends most of her time, writing, walking the dog, and hiking in the Colorado Rockies. You can find out more information and read about Jessica’s paranormal romances at http://JessicaAspen.com
To sign up for Jessica Aspen’s new release email and get your link to download your free book, please click HERE.
Author web links:
Join the Jessica Aspen mailing list! Get the scoop on new releases, sales, plus the chance to win ARCs and participate in special giveaways. When I send you an email, there’s always something in it for you! To sign up for Jessica Aspen’s new release email and get your link to download your free book, please click HERE.