a blog for the resolutionist in all of us
Last week I got to tell all of you why I am making Fall Resolutions and I whine, whine, whined. If you missed it, click HERE.
This week I get to make them. YAY!
Jessica Aspen’s Fall Resolutions
- Write more
- Protect the writing time
- Schedule, schedule, schedule
- Say no
- Say no again, and again, and again
- Review the goals from January and get crackin’!
- Tape a picture of Stephen King on the wall and know, he’s gonna getcha if you fail (Miss my scary Stephen King blog? Click HERE to check it out.)
- When all else fails, leave the house and go to the library
- When they kick you out at 6pm, go to the coffee shop
- When they kick you out at 8pm, go to that 24 hour restaurant by the highway, but get that word count done!
As you can see this boils down to just one resolution. WRITE, and make writing the priority when organizing my life.
In support of that I’m making a few changes to my daily schedule.
- Moving my mundane work schedule around so that I have Wednesdays and Fridays as dedicated writing days.
- Get all my blogs written and pre-posted on weekend days, leaving the week days for writing and boosting posts.
- Work ahead for marketing, blogging, and guest blogging.
- Thursdays have become a crazy day for me so after this week’s Paranormal Book Trailer post on Thursdays Bite I’m going to switch my paranormal posts to Fantastic Fridays and stop blogging on Thursdays. That’s going to let me focus on all the non-writing stuff on Thursdays, so that on Fridays I can focus on all the writing stuff.
- Work on my blogs on the weekend when the family is underfoot. I know, I’m a wuss. But I like quiet to write and the weekend is not it. But I can do other things, like write a blog, when it’s not so quiet. All I have to do is resist the lure of having fun with the family. I can do that, right?
- Get out of the house when I need to. (Okay, that was up in the resolutions, but it’s one of the most difficult for me to do, so I’m putting it in twice!)
What are your Fall Resolutions? Do you ever go back and read through your yearly goals and see how far you’ve come? What motivates you to get back on track when there are only a few months in the year left to get it all done?
Jessica Aspen has always wanted to be spirited away to a world inhabited by elves, were-wolves and sexy men who walk on the dark side of the knife. Luckily, she’s able to explore her fantasy side and delve into new worlds by writing paranormal romance. She loves indulging in dark chocolate, reading eclectic novels, and dreaming of ocean vacations, but instead spends most of her time, writing, walking the dog, and hiking in the Colorado Rockies. You can find out more information and read about Jessica’s paranormal romances at http://JessicaAspen.com
To sign up for Jessica Aspen’s new release email please go to: http://eepurl.com/zs4Sj
Author web links:
Join the Jessica Aspen mailing list! Get the scoop on new releases, sales, plus the chance to win ARCs and participate in special giveaways. When I send you an email, there’s always something in it for you! http://eepurl.com/zs4Sj