goals, goals, goals
First of all, I’m guest blogging on fairy tales and their twists on Lyndi Alexander’s new site HERE. Lyndi is the author of the fabulous Clan Elves From the Bitteroot series that starts with a glass slipper that breaks on a sidewalk and turns out to be chock full of tiny men.
Now, on to today’s Goal Post Check In. This year I’ll be checking in randomly and letting you see how I’m doing on my goals. I considered Row 80 Goals, like Jenny Hansen and lots of fellow writer goal setters, but I already use a goal setting loop for my weekly check in, so this is just for fun, and just for you!
Jessica Aspen Goals for 2013
Overall Organizational Goals:
- Continue to set and review monthly goals, set daily goals based on monthly goals In progress!
- Write five days per week, 3 hours per day So far, it’s hit or miss, but more hit than miss.
- Goal is 3k/day Yeah, right now I’m goaling 2k per day and hitting it about 3-5 days per week. When I am hitting it consistently I will then set the bar higher. I’m hoping to be doing 3k/day by the end of the year.
- and edit 15-20 pages per day Only on the days I’m not writing. And there are editing days when getting 5 pages deep edited is AMAZING!
- Keep up with personal site, blog 2 days a week Of course!
- Self-publishing class in January (taking a fabulous class on Author EMSwith Amy Atwell and Kelli Finger!) This was a fabulous class, if you are at all seriously considering Indie Publishing, then take this class. You will absolutely understand the costs, labor and rewards involved.
- Tax class in February from Colorado Romance Writers. Yep! Done! Another great class, but I don’t know when it will be offered again.
- Market 1-2 hours per day Check!
- Attend CRW Writing Retreat in September
- Finish editing Goldi and the Bear by January 18th I think I was a few days later than this, but it is done and turned in and I” expecting a Fall 2013 publishing date.
- Polish Goldi and the Bear by January 30 Done!
- Write rough draft of B&B (second book in TQH series) I am 30K into this and really hoping to get it done by the end of March. That is the plan anyway. 🙂
- Edit rough draft of B&B
- Start thinking about 3rd book in TQH series
- Outline 3rd book in TQH series
- Superhero goals: Edit BW and outline first book in that series
- Submit Goldi and the Bear to PIP by January 30 Check!
- Decide what to do with HH Novellas
- Continue to submit TQH Check!
- Market all books (Little Red. S&S. Goldi) Check!
- Enter Little Red in contests Check!
- Enter TQH into contests Check!
- Increase presence on Goodreads
- Work on All Romance Exposure
- Figure out how to increase presence on reader sites/loops
- I’ve joined Pinterest. I don’t have many pictures up, but I’ll be working on it slowly and adding them as I go. I’m not sure what the best way to work it is, so I’m a little slow. But you can check it out HERE.
That’s all folks. Hope your goals are all going well. I’m feeling pretty good about my direction this year and very good about 2013 in general. How about all of you? We’re just barely getting into the year, how are your goals? Are you on track? Do you need a goals re-vamp like I did in January or are you sticking to your plan?