a blog about writing
Wow, what a difference a year makes. A year ago I wrote the first Jessica Aspen Writes blog (click HERE). I remember not having the slightest idea if I’d be able to write a blog, what a blog really would mean to me, and being very scared that I’d run out of things to say. Well I guess that hasn’t happened, so you’ll all have to pay up!
I was determined to use Jessica Aspen Writes as a springboard to publication. And guess what? It’s happening. Next month (as I’m sure you are all well aware) my debut novella Little Red Riding Wolf will be released in e-format from Passion in Print Press on February 18th.
A year ago, as I wrote my first blog (about my proposed journey as a pre-published author) Little Red was sitting meekly in it’s file. Waiting like Cinderella for some polishing and re-writes before being sent off to the Passionate Ink’s Stroke of Midnight Contest, where it made the finals! I squealed and jumped for joy!
As you might remember, I found out in July that it had won an Honorable Mention. More squealing and jumping and actual celebrating by going out to dinner!
The finaling in the contest and the Honorable Mention gave me the confidence to pitch it at the CRW mini-con in August. And much to my amazement they sent a contract right away! I delayed telling anyone because I am a naturally cautious person, but it was true, they did want it. And now my year of being a new blogger is up and I’ve traveled around the game board to a new starting position. Debut author.
Now I invite you all to share with me the next year in my adventure, becoming an experienced published author. I’m spinning the wheel again and starting off with another blog experiment. The famous Blog Tour. Here is a list of where I will be for the next few months:
Jessica Aspen on Tour
- January 3rd– Jessica Aspen at Buffy Christopher
- January 4th- Jessica Aspen blogs at Mare’s Place
- January 6th– Jessica Aspen at Paranormal Freebies
- January 10th-Jessica Aspen blogs at Madison J. Edwards
- January 11th– Jessica Aspen blogs at StarlaKaye.com
- January 17th– Jessica Aspen at MegganConnors.com
- January 20th -Jessica Aspen at Paranormal Muse
- Jan 24tht– Jessica Aspen at Her Story Calls,
- February 3rd- Jessica Aspen at Paranormal Freebies
- February 4th Josee Renard
- February 6th Paranormal Freebies book review
- February 8th– Sexmarksthe Gspot.com interview
- February 14th-Jessica Aspen interviewed at Romance and Beyond by Sherry Isaac
- February 17th– Sutton Fox-interview
- February 18th–RELEASE DATE FOR LITTLE RED RIDING WOLF! WOOT!
- Februrary 20th– Jaelynnedavies.com interview
- February 21st– Jessica Aspen blogs at Romance University
- February 22nd–Dawne Prochillo An open book.com need to confirm
- February 27th– The Dames of Dialogue. Twisting in the Wind or how you take a well known fairy tale and make it your own
- February 28th–Erin Riordin